The Iranian National School of Cinema has outlined a variety of ambitious objectives in its mission plan, the most important of which are as follows:
- Reaching the standards of world cinema and proposing these standards to Iranian filmmakers working in different fields and branches
- Providing a suitable basis for collecting the experiences of esteemed Iranian filmmakers and transferring these experiences to the new generation
- Providing a suitable basis for the transferring of cinematic knowledge from around the globe to Iran
- Training creative filmmakers who preserve their own personal outlook towards the world while creating works that are clearly national and Iranian
- Training professional forces in fields that receive less attention from other academic organizations in the country.